Sunday, April 29, 2012

Derek Ramsay dismayado sa desisyon ng Star Cinema

DEREK Ramsay admits he felt sad when Star Cinema decided to shelve the movie he’s shooting with Bea Alonzo. “Sayang kasi I’ve worked for seven days na in the movie,” he says. 




“What’s sadder is that I heard it first from the media na tinanggal na raw ako. Una pa nilang nalaman. Sabi ko pa, hindi, kasi naka-block off na lahat ng shooting days ko for them. Then Joji Dingcong (his manager) told me on the phone na hindi na nga raw tuloy. I really want to talk to Bea kasi ni hindi na kami nagkausap.”

“In fairness to Malou Santos of Star, they’re arranging a meeting or dinner with us,” says Joji. “But we’re so busy so sabi ko, okay lang, sabihin na lang niya sa’kin sa phone. She said some of the management were against continuing the movie kasi it might set a precedent to other stars that, like Derek, they can have the best of both worlds. She’s very nice and decent about it naman.”

“I never thought they’d take me out kasi exclusive lang naman ako sa Channel 5 for TV, but for films, I can work anywhere,” says Derek.


“Kaya nga natuwa naman ako when June Torrejon of Viva told me we’ll start shooting na our movie nina Anne Curtis and KC Concepcion, tentatively ‘Nothing Compares to You’, to be directed by Ruel Naval with whom I’ve worked before in ‘Maalaala Mo Kaya’ and ‘Magkaribal’ on ABS-CBN. May utang na loob talaga ako sa Viva kasi they pushed for me para masama ako sa ‘Praybeyt Benjamin’ and ‘No Other Woman’, for which I got the Box Office King Award from the Guillermo Mendoza Foundation. 

When I read the script, I got excited about it kasi iba naman from ‘No Other Woman.’ This time, it’s not about marriage but more on friendship. Anne and KC are best friends in college. Tapos, hindi na sila nagkita at naging kami naman ni Anne. We’re about to get married, but on our wedding day, Anne got cold feet and didn’t show up. Then I met KC at naging kami naman, pero bumalik din sa’kin si Anne. Ibang-iba si KC rito kasi siya yung more liberated, aggressive, maldita. Si Anne, more conservative.”

Boss Vic del Rosario says Viva has big plans for Derek. “After this love triangle movie, we want him to do action in the remake of FPJ’s ‘Totoy Bato’ of Carlo Caparas. We’ve sign him up to four movies with us.”

Who would Derek want to work with among Viva’s stars? “I’d like to work again with Maricel Soriano. We’ve worked before in ‘T2’ and she’s very good, but maliit lang ang role ko roon so I want to work with her again. Then, I want to work with Sarah Geronimo kasi fan niya ako.”

Joji says Derek has another offer from a big outfit to do a remake of “Zuma” as a superhero and Sen. Bong Revilla has also inquired if Derek would be willing to do a movie with him. “So sa movies, marami talagang scheduled na gagawin. On TV naman, he’s doing ‘Amazing Race’, the London Olympics coverage and hosting Miss Philippines World on TV5.”



Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check
For more updates FOLLOW us on Twitter @pinoyTVpolice and LIKE US on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anong masasabi mo sa issue na 'to? mag-Comment na!!

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Custom Search