MANILA, Philippines – The Supreme Court decision stopping the implementation of the Commission on Elections' (Comelec) airtime limits on political advertisements has not affected ABS-CBN Corp.'s ad revenues, said the company's chairman.
Speaking in a press briefing after the company's stockholders' meeting on Tuesday, April 23, ABS-CBN Chairman Eugenio Lopez III said they have felt no impact from the lifting of the Comelec rule limiting to just 120 minutes each candidate's ads in all TV stations, and 180 minutes in all radio stations.
With the SC decision, Comelec's old interpretation of 120 minutes per TV station, and 180 minues per radio station stays.
“It doesn’t affect us because we limit the number of minutes per commercial we have per hour of broadcast. It may be good for other stations but since we have our limits, we are already full to begin with,” said Lopez.
According to ABS-CBN CFO Rolando Valdueza, ad ratings so far have been very strong and they are expecting good results for the first quarter of 2013.
“Based on analysts' comments, projections show revenues from political ads pointing to P1 billion,” said Valdueza
“The presidential campaign was of course much higher. Revenue during that campaign were over P3 billion,” he added. - Rappler.com